Excess brakeline with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hipster
    sagent.... you are dead on. That is what I want, a seat like that!
    What model Honda is that? Do you know of any other models that have a similar seat? Many thanks.
    lol what can I say, I know my cafe's

the bike pictured is a 78 honda cb550 I am unsure of wherther or not the seat is stock, probably not.

I got the pic from www.caferace.com they have links to a few cafe racer parts places so start your search there

if all else fails you may be able to get a custom seat made but that will be expensive. I have to believe that there are seats out there that would work. and then there is always ebay. If I come across anything I will post it.

Comment

Thanks again sir.
      There is a guy near me that has about 4 tractor trailers (just the trailer, not the tractor) sitting behind his house and an old barn filled with misc. bike parts from all vintages. I'll see what he has. It's always a treat going to see this guy, walking through is back yard with dogs at the ends of their chains trying to bite your leg off, stepping over old bikes and quads sinking into the ground, and not to mention the character he is....
      I bet there are a lot of eclectic bike collectors like this guy around the country.

Originally posted by sagent
      Originally posted by hipster
      sagent.... you are dead on. That is what I want, a seat like that!
      What model Honda is that? Do you know of any other models that have a similar seat? Many thanks.
      lol what can I say, I know my cafe's

the bike pictured is a 78 honda cb550 I am unsure of wherther or not the seat is stock, probably not.

I got the pic from www.caferace.com they have links to a few cafe racer parts places so start your search there

if all else fails you may be able to get a custom seat made but that will be expensive. I have to believe that there are seats out there that would work. and then there is always ebay. If I come across anything I will post it.

Comment

Originally posted by sagent
        forget the new tank and tailpiece, your bike would look badass with a low cafe style seat.

somthing like the one on here looks like it would work.

you may have to do a little fabrication to get it to work.

that woud be cheaper and look better than changing the tank and bodywork.

just my $.02. it is your bike after all.
        I love it. I want it. I need it. This is exactly the kind of seat I've been looking for since I got my 450. How do I make this happen?

Comment

Actually after thinking about it, If you knew a good way to re-cover the seat you could cut down the foam in the L seat. What a lot of people do for foam is to just take an electric turkey carving knife and go to town. If you left the step up from the L seat and shaped the back portion into a kind of half dome it would look perfect. Problem is that you will definately need a new cover, But that is still cheaper than a whole seat pan etc.

It would look somthing like this:

as opposed to before:

... I apologize for the poor photoshop quality, the only Image editing program I have at work is mspaint.

Comment

I like the modified seat very much. The only thing is I have never covered a seat before and know NOTHING about it. What does it cost? How do you do it? Are there different style covers? How would I find one that fits my application?
            I guess a search of the forum is in order... Thanks for the info and the photo editing/preview.

Take care

Comment

Sculpting the foam and having it come out right isn't easy (hot-knife work, etc)... you may save yourself a huge headache by going to an auto upholstery shop that can do this kind of work. They should also be able to create a cover for the seat.

I'd look for a shop with the right personality... probably an older place that does work for classic vehicles...

Comment

Working...
              X