#1#4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1#4

Hello again, here is something new, I change the starter on my bike the GS1100E. it did the trick, I rode about 1/4 mile suddenly I lost power, I noticed that the two inside pipes are cold only the outside exhaust pipes were hot when the bike was running and It felt like it is going to install. any suggessions.

ard.

any suggessions
    Check your coil, since 2 & 3 are fired off the same coil. I bet a connection got lost there somewhere.

Mark

Comment

Textbook sign of one of the wires to the #2/3 coil breaking.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

you guys were right on the money this time, what happened is, a while ago I was pulling up the clutch cable tied to mechanics wire it got to the edge of the gas tank and the steering stem I tried to pull harder, then I realized as pulling harder I broke the flat connector to the coil. I repaired it and it was fine . this time somehow got disconnected, so I connected again and vrooom goes the 1100E. thank you all for feedback.
        ard

Comment

Working...
        X