X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a 1150 crank fit in a 1100 case?

Will a 1150 crank fit in a 1100 case?

Hap

I say yes Hap. There are 2 things to know. I think I KNOW THAT THE STROKE , the main bearings and the rod bearings are the same. tHE BORE IS THE FDIFERENC3E.
    we are putting an 1150 crank in my 1266 suzuki fo added reliability. Why? Because the end near the stator is heavier and will make my toy more reliable for me. We just needed the starter dreve and rotor. I have it all but dont remember if the stator is diferent.
    Thats about all i think i know

Comment

Yup, the 1150 crank fits right in the 1100 case. I'll guess your also going to use an 1150 cylinder so your going to want to trial fit the 1150 cylinder to the 1100 top case because you have a little grinding to do.

Comment

I think you need to use the 1150 clutch also with the 1150 crank

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          I think you need to use the 1150 clutch also with the 1150 crank
          I had 1150 clutch components in my 1166 and they were a direct spAW IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY

caps again

Comment

I believe the primary gear on the crank and the clutch basket gear are different (differsnt tooth count) so I would have to get a new clutch basket also.

Thanks for the help guys...I do have a spare 1100 crank. I may just rebuild it.

Hap

Comment

Working...
            X