No announcement yet.

!!KNOCKING!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The low fuel syndrom is manifested by the tank acting like the body of a guitar. The sound is amplified. You want to hear really scarry noises, drive around with a full Vetter fairing on the bike. I put it on only when the weather is cold as the noise makes me crazy.

Comment

I can attest to that. Since putting a windshield on the GS the noise is much more noticable than before...

Comment

I am assuming mine is a mix of clutch chatter, cam chains, and possibly the cams themselves making noise.

It really doesnt bother me TOO much, I am just worried that everyone around me at a light can hear it HAHAHAHAA.

Comment

For what it's worth, a lot of the 'veterans' have told me that air-cooled bike are just noisy. That they had the same concern for 30,000 miles.

Ace.

Comment

pull plug wires one at a time while running.
            if its a rod or piston slap the knock will change .

Comment

I did what snakebite suggested - no change. I'm joining the veterans.

Ace.

Comment

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE THE CLUCTCH MAKING THIS NOISE. WHEN I TAKE OFF FROM A STOP, AS THE CLUTCH IS DRAGGING OUT, IT MAKES A RATTLING SOUND PRETTY LOUD. ALSO WHEN I AM BRAKING OR SLOWING DOWN IT MAKES A BIT OF A VIBRATION AND NOISE. I KNOW THE CLUTCH IS ADJUSTED AS BEST AS IT COULD BE AT THE LEVER. IT IS GETTING ITS FULL PULL, BECAUSE THE LEVER HAS A BIT OF PLAY UNTILAT THE END.PLUS MY BIKE HAS 40,000 MILES ON IT AND IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE CLUTCH WAS EVER REPLACED.

Comment

Working...
                X