WOULD THESE CARBURETORS FIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOULD THESE CARBURETORS FIT

I HAVE 2 BIKES, A 1979 GS750L WHICH IS ON THE ROAD AND A 1983 GS750E PARTS BIKE. WOULD THE CARBURETORS OFF THE 83 FIT TO THE INTAKE BOOTS ON THE 1979. MY 83 CARBURETORS WORK EXCELLANT ON THE ITS BIKE WHEREAS THE 79 CARBS ARE A BIT WACKY.

You can use the schematics on this site to check and see if the boots are the same... http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

Comment

The '83 carbs won't fit into the '79 manifolds. Even if they were the same size, you'd have all kinds of jetting problems. Clean and rebuild the VM carbs. It's easy.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Re: WOULD THESE CARBURETORS FIT

NO, the 79 uses 26mm VM mechanical slide carbs and the 83 uses 32mm CV carbs. The 79 has 26 mm, two bolt, flanged induction tubes that mount flat to the engine intakes and the 83 has integral to the head cast 32 mm spigots to which rubber tubes are connected. You cant change the heads either because the 79 is an 8 valve engine and the 83 is a 16 valve engine, so the bolts and passages do not line up.

Earl

Originally posted by Tarbash 27
        I HAVE 2 BIKES, A 1979 GS750L WHICH IS ON THE ROAD AND A 1983 GS750E PARTS BIKE. WOULD THE CARBURETORS OFF THE 83 FIT TO THE INTAKE BOOTS ON THE 1979. MY 83 CARBURETORS WORK EXCELLANT ON THE ITS BIKE WHEREAS THE 79 CARBS ARE A BIT WACKY.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
        X