85 GS550L RR Ignitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS550L RR Ignitor

I have an 1985 GS550L that does not seem to have a RR unit, it does have a unit mounted to the battery box labeled TR Ignitor. I have a charging problem and it is hard to follow the Stator pages checkout procedure unless I can locate the proper wiring connections and or the RR.........HELP Please

On my 83 GS750ES the fried R/R was on a panel that was mounted on the left side under the side cover. It had an ignition module, fuse box and starter relay mounted to the verticle portion of the panel and the R/R mounted on the underside of the panel. The panel was obviously "L" shaped. The R/R will probably have one or two connectors (mine had one) with a total of five wires. There will probably be three yellows, a red and a black. Mine was about 1" x 3" with cooling fins on it.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a look see tonight.

Comment

on my 83 550E the RR is directly to the rear of the battery... with the ignitor in the location you described...

Comment

Found it!!

Well, after a little inspiration from you guys, I did a more thorough exam of my bike. My Haynes says it is behind the battery but it is not. It is on the right side just to the front and not quite below the air filter box mounted to the frame. Thanks to all you folks for suggestions, now the bad news it is bad, so waiting for a replacement from the motorcycle-superstore.com, a new replacement there was only 76 bucks, so I do not think it is too bad.

Comment

Working...
          X