No announcement yet.

Alumaloy for aluminum repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetically this stuff should work great, but the guy who fixed his cooling fins told me (after I commented on how poor my results were initially) that you MUST use a stainless steel brush to completely clean the contact area or the Alumaloy won't adhere very well.

Comment

By the way, I just viewed the HTS-2000 video (on their website), and was very impressed with some of the techniques they used to make several kinds of repairs. It's worth watching because with the exception of the extra cleaning and prep that must be done with Alumaloy the process is much the same.

Let me know how the repair goes!

Regards,
      Steve 8)

Comment

Alumaloy arrived, finally

Well it only took a few weeks and a second phone call to the seller, but I have finally received my Alumaloy rods. Read the intructions, no mention of stainless steel wire brushes. I will try working it both ways this weekend. I have a number of scrap aluminum parts to experiment on. A new toy, he he.

Comment

Not sure how much this applies retrex but when I cracked my crank case we repaired it using a map gas torch and aluminum rods. Here is the thread entry:

Comment

Info appreciated

Thanks Hoomgar, input was appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X