Clutch won't activate after removing cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch won't activate after removing cover

Hi, I'm stuck on this one. I removed the sprocket cover on 79 GS750 to inspect front sprocket. I wanted to clean out gunk behind cover so I unscrewed the top cable adjuster on the cover. my son hosed it down with degreaser and water. After I reninstalled the cover the Clutch won't disengage when squeezing the clutch lever no matter how it is adjusted. everything was put back to original settings. I did not notice if there was another mechanism that fits between the end of the cluthch rod and the clutch rod slider mechanism. has anyone ever had htis problem? thanks in advance

clutch

Not sure but isnt there a little ball between cover and the rod. Ask a Suzuki dealer to check his parts book

Comment

On some models there is a spring that attaches inside of the sprocket cover from the clutch cable mechanism?

Comment

follow up

I found out my son had rotated the clutch pushrod in both directions when the cover was off. curiosity I guess for a teen. My clymer manual does not tell me if there is a special postion (does it screw in or out)that the clutch rod has to be in before the cover goe on. thanks for the help.

Comment

Update #2

I thought the clutch was not disengaging because I could not stop the tire with my foot against it while up on the centerstand and in gear. This morning I rode it to the mechanics thinking that Iwould have to shift without it and lo and behold the clutch is working fine! Huh! I guess it must of been because I left a broken sprocket tooth under my pillow for the Suzuki Fairy last night. Thanks for the replies. Scotto

Alll is not lost, I had to bring the bike to the mechanics anyways since the sprockets and chain had to be replaced. My rear sprocket is sharper than my table saw blade!

Comment

Working...
          X