Need a few carb parts. stock jet set, one start plunger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a few carb parts. stock jet set, one start plunger

My $200 GS1000G is destined to become a rat bobber.
    she's just too ratty for anything else.

I took apart the carbs Monday and let them soak in kerosene - methanol mix until today.
    gt a lot of the crud out but they definitely need full kit of rebuils parts.
    thank the gods for jeff up at z1 enterprises and his inexpensive kits.

In any case I need a few bits that don't come in the kit.

The diverter for extra start air.
    Ya';; know, the little plungers that you pull to the side if your cable is broken or that the 'choke'(SIC) pulls. Well one of mine has the end bit broken off owing to a bent puller. I can probably straighten the puller but the plunger bit needs replacing.

Cold beer in exchange if you're local atlanta.
    if not, let me know what you need.

I also need a set of stock jets. This should be easy if any of you hotrodders have replaced them. Let me know. Beer offered for local. Plus stimulating conversation. I may even be ablke to use this as an excuse to get my exotic dandcer neighbor to join for a beer. Heaven knows I've tried everything else to get her out to one of my favored dives.

In summary,
    Need one carb start plunger and 4 stock jets for GS1000G.
    Will buy beer if you're in Atlanta.
    Maybe even some ribs at Fatt Matts (obese matthew's).

-Bob

The folks at the link above might be able to help. If not try Sudco. What size mains you need? I have quite a few sizes lying around.

Comment

Thanks.
      Well I don't rightly know what I need.
      I know what is wrong as they are all different sizes and one was even the wrong thread!
      It did not damage the seat.

Figured someone may have stock for GS1000G lying about if they had done away with airbox.

-Bob

Comment

In the Letters to the Editors section there is a thread on carb specs. Check there to see what is stock.

Comment

Looks like you need 115's. They should only be a few bucks each at a bike shop. I have a set of 115's but they may be in the bike now. I'll see what I have.

Comment

Just checked specs on my flatslides and I am running the 115's. Sorry.

Comment

Re: Need a few carb parts. stock jet set, one start plunger

Originally posted by bobasoozoo
              My $200 GS1000G is destined to become a rat bobber.
              she's just too ratty for anything else.

I took apart the carbs Monday and let them soak in kerosene - methanol mix until today.
              gt a lot of the crud out but they definitely need full kit of rebuils parts.
              thank the gods for jeff up at z1 enterprises and his inexpensive kits.

In any case I need a few bits that don't come in the kit.

The diverter for extra start air.
              Ya';; know, the little plungers that you pull to the side if your cable is broken or that the 'choke'(SIC) pulls. Well one of mine has the end bit broken off owing to a bent puller. I can probably straighten the puller but the plunger bit needs replacing.

Cold beer in exchange if you're local atlanta.
              if not, let me know what you need.

I also need a set of stock jets. This should be easy if any of you hotrodders have replaced them. Let me know. Beer offered for local. Plus stimulating conversation. I may even be ablke to use this as an excuse to get my exotic dandcer neighbor to join for a beer. Heaven knows I've tried everything else to get her out to one of my favored dives.

In summary,
              Need one carb start plunger and 4 stock jets for GS1000G.
              Will buy beer if you're in Atlanta.
              Maybe even some ribs at Fatt Matts (obese matthew's).

-Bob
              I have & extra choke plunger if you need it

Comment

Working...
              X