tank slappin fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank slappin fun

ok, so Got the bike running well, the front tire that the shop put on was a 110 90 instead of a 100, so in turn i took the fender brace out of the fender and bolted that on and I have plenty of clearance just no fender, any way got the bike up to 100+ today and it was defently a white knuckle ride, now does the fender provide some aerodynamics that now i am missing, if not what can
    I do to fix this problem
    Thanks
    Rob

The fender actually helps brace and stabilize the fork. Depending on how much fabricating you want to do, an idea would be to put some extensions on the fender mounts to raise the fender or...head to your freindly neighborhood junk yard to see what they have that may match up.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

right i understand that which is why i took the fender brace out and put it on, so the steel piece under the fender is still there

Comment

Why don't you take it back and have them put the right tire on? I wouldn't accept that.

Comment

wobbles

That tyre belongs on a pig harley that wont handle. Go get the proper size and get your money back on that old huge thing

Comment

wobble

check the tire pressure, I have a 110/90 on mine no problems, also just puttng the bracket back on is not enough cause the fender stiffens the bracket,( its a unit thing) check the installion real careful they may have hacked the job also check along the bead of the tire and make sure it is seated on the rim right and is even all the way around, every thing is ok then start looking for suspension problem s and loose head bearings

Comment

doc, it hurts when I do this...
              don't do that... 8O

sorry, just my first reaction but when I just get her back together, the last thing I try is 100+ (or are you in canada?) :P all in good fun, eh? be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
              X