CDI help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDI help

This may be a stupid question, but I'll go ahead and ask it. I recently pruchased an "as-is" 1981 GS450T bike on e-bay. It was my understanding that everything was with bike, it just needed some work. However, upon closer inspection, I believe I am missing the CDI box. Is it supposed to hook into a 6 position connector near the air intake? If so, then I am definitely missing the CDI box, and where can I get one reasonably priced? How much do they normally go for?

Thanks for your help

Lugthar
    '99 Venture
    '05?? custom

Re: CDI help

There is no CDI box because no Suzuki GS model of any size or any year
    had a CDI ignition system. The ignition is electronic. The ignitor is usually located under the right side cover, next to the battery holder.

Earl

Originally posted by lugthar
    This may be a stupid question, but I'll go ahead and ask it. I recently pruchased an "as-is" 1981 GS450T bike on e-bay. It was my understanding that everything was with bike, it just needed some work. However, upon closer inspection, I believe I am missing the CDI box. Is it supposed to hook into a 6 position connector near the air intake? If so, then I am definitely missing the CDI box, and where can I get one reasonably priced? How much do they normally go for?

Thanks for your help

Lugthar
    '99 Venture
    '05?? custom
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Does the electronic igntion module have a 6 pin connector?

Comment

Sorry about calling it a CDI, when yes it is an electronic ignition. I am assuming that the electronic ignition is what hooks up to the 6 pin connector that currently has nothing attached to it.

Comment

Memory says the ignitor was a 6 pin, but I havent run a stock system in years. :-) If youre missing the ignitor, it is cheaper to replace the system with a Dyna S. That system does not use a box.

Earl

Originally posted by lugthar
          Sorry about calling it a CDI, when yes it is an electronic ignition. I am assuming that the electronic ignition is what hooks up to the 6 pin connector that currently has nothing attached to it.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

ignitor is six pin
            3 from pick up coils
            2 from ignition coils
            1 12 volt in

there is one GS that may use CDI, the GS125 sold in at least Great Brittan and Japan.

Comment

Working...
            X