turn signal relay location on 1979 gs850g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal relay location on 1979 gs850g

put short stem led's on, and now signal wont blink.need to know where relay is located and best replacement.used shock racing 222-1000 designed for 12 volt 23 watt system short stems.

Thanks for any comments or help.

Re: turn signal relay location on 1979 gs850g

There is nothing wrong with your relay. Stock bulbs draw 23w front and 23w rear per side. Led's draw aprox 1.5w front and 1.5 w rear and do not draw enough current to activate the flasher unit. You need an electronic flasher that will activate on less than 2w. The flasher unit is usually near the left side cover.

Earl

Originally posted by chiddly724
    put short stem led's on, and now signal wont blink.need to know where relay is located and best replacement.used shock racing 222-1000 designed for 12 volt 23 watt system short stems.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: turn signal relay location on 1979 gs850g

Thanks a lot earlfor, your help was right on. put electronic flasher on and all is good.
      Originally posted by earlfor
      There is nothing wrong with your relay. Stock bulbs draw 23w front and 23w rear per side. Led's draw aprox 1.5w front and 1.5 w rear and do not draw enough current to activate the flasher unit. You need an electronic flasher that will activate on less than 2w. The flasher unit is usually near the left side cover.

Earl

Originally posted by chiddly724

Comment

Where do I find a Electronic flasher?

Comment

Electronic Fasher!

I would like to know where to get one too! As I have a GS750L also! And am thinking about going w/LED turn signals also & will need another flasher to make them work!

Comment

Any auto parts store.

Comment

Working...
            X