running diffrent when hot?? help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running diffrent when hot?? help!!!!!

my gs550es when you first get the bike out it runs great the best it ever has..but it seems the hotter the engine gets the worse it runs and at idle will start backfiring through the intake i can hear it with seat off through the airbox and has absolutly no power..it will still wrap out the gears till bout 8 grand but it takes forever to get there and is a total dog. the bike is rejetted and has a 4 into 1 exhaust and a stock airbox with a k&n..i jetted it up one size from stock..i checked everything it has no intake leaks i sprayed everything down with water then tried carb cleaner and the idle or nothing ever changed and i also did it holding it at 5 grand..i pulled all the plugs they seemed to be perfect just a light tan on all of them..this has really got me stumped and aggravted if anyone has any ideas please let me know...and the carbs have just recently cleaned within the last 2 weeks been cleaned

hmmmmm possible ignitior box or ignition triggers cutting out when they get hot.

Comment

what are the ignition triggers??

Comment

how could you test the igniter??

Comment

Valve clearances set too tight? When the engine heats up, the valves are not closing completly hence the popping through the intake. Its always good to set your valves anyway.

Comment

anyone have anyother ideas???

Comment

I would also go with the valve adjustment theory. It make alot of sense.

Comment

That's the way to go first!

Comment

And dont keep riding it hoping the trouble will go away. You may ruin the valves and seats.

Comment

does anyone know what the clearence is supposed to be and does it take any specific type of feeler gauge???

Comment

Hi

Try to put in the original jets...

I think it is set up a bit rich.

Some 4-1 exhaust have less capacity than original 4-2

Einar

GS1000GLx +++

Comment

souds like your running rich try using the stock jets and check the float level adjustment too high it will run rich too low it will run lean.
                        also SYNCHRONIZE your carbs
                        If you were rinning lean, when you rev the bike the rpm would rise and it would take a long time to come back down to idle

i need more info to make a better diagnosis.

Comment

Working...
                        X