Newtronic Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newtronic Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram for a Newtronics ignition module for GS850GX that they can scan and mail me?

Well if no one can supply a diagram I'll have to take an educated guess at the wiring........ Let me know if it's wrong!!!!!

Here goes, the feed from the pickups is pre wired so thats easy. There just remains the 4 other wires. Blue I assume to be earth, that just leaves the three wires going to the coils. Again I'm going to have to assume that the white from the newtronic unit picks up the orange/white switched live in the loom and then feeds the coils. The purple and yellow from the newtronic unit then feed the other terminals of the coils, not sure which colour goes left or right though.

Comment

I would not make those guesses. Hold up. So far the only thing I have come across that is for sure is blue is ground in their systems. Still looking. :-)

On a 3 cylinder application, white is a coil neg terminal connection.

Earl

Originally posted by Big N Daft
      Well if no one can supply a diagram I'll have to take an educated guess at the wiring........ Let me know if it's wrong!!!!!

Here goes, the feed from the pickups is pre wired so thats easy. There just remains the 4 other wires. Blue I assume to be earth, that just leaves the three wires going to the coils. Again I'm going to have to assume that the white from the newtronic unit picks up the orange/white switched live in the loom and then feeds the coils. The purple and yellow from the newtronic unit then feed the other terminals of the coils, not sure which colour goes left or right though.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl,

I've emailed their tech help guy and I'm stuck finishing off putting the engine in the frame after much messing about so it'll be next week before I get round to wiring the thing up.

I've swapped engines out on the 850s due to major rust on the frame in one and engine probs in the other, thought I'd make one serviceable bike whilst I rebuilt the remaining engine and painted the frame etc. Anyway spent forever today trying to get the secondary drive flange to mate up to the propeller shaft only to realise, after much jiggling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lowering, twisting and turning that the flange/propellers on the GX was slightly larger!

Oh well you live and learn!

Comment

I'm looking, and I found the wiring codes for the 3 cyl Suzuki GT series, but none of the colors are what you have,.............so well....crap!

Here is a thought. You say you already have the crank triggers and they are prewired. I assume you have the triggers already mounted onto the right end of the crankshaft. The trigger mounted on the left side of the base plate is for the left coil and cylinders 1 and 4. Trigger mounted on the right side of the base plate is right coil and cylinders 2 and 3. Look at the wire color on the left trigger. If the manufacturer used the same color codes for each side, then the coil negative wire will be the same color as the crank trigger wire for that coil. If that works, you will know which wires go to coils, you already know the blue is ground and the remaining wire has to be 12 v switched positive supply.

Earl

Originally posted by Big N Daft
          Thanks Earl,

I've emailed their tech help guy and I'm stuck finishing off putting the engine in the frame after much messing about so it'll be next week before I get round to wiring the thing up.

I've swapped engines out on the 850s due to major rust on the frame in one and engine probs in the other, thought I'd make one serviceable bike whilst I rebuilt the remaining engine and painted the frame etc. Anyway spent forever today trying to get the secondary drive flange to mate up to the propeller shaft only to realise, after much jiggling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lowering, twisting and turning that the flange/propellers on the GX was slightly larger!

Oh well you live and learn!
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

No worries Earl, I'll see what their tech guys say and if they give me the info I'll post it for future reference

Comment

Got the following reply from Newtronic Tech help

Hi Paul,

I can post or fax a copy of the instructions but you have got it pretty spot on.

I'm not sure which coil wire is left or right. We supply a loom with the switching unit which connects directly in to your bike.

Switching Unit Loom Description
              White Orange Positive switched feed
              Yellow Black Coil Neg
              Purple White Coil Neg
              Blue Earth.

Your engine will fire 180 Deg apart so connecting the coils the wrong way round won't do any damage it just won't run.
              Hope this helps.

If you want a copy of the fitting instructions just email me a Fax No or an Address.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X