louder horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

louder horn

I want to install a louder horn on my 750. I want somthing that will scare the hell out of those cage driving cell phone talking jerks
    i found this horn give me your thoughts

Despite what the copy says, I think you will still need to use a relay in hooking that horn up.

Comment

Yeah, play it safe and use a relay.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pidgey
          and a air tank!

152DB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
            and a air tank!

152DB!!!
            Where are ya gonna mount those suckers.....??

Comment

How true this is I dunno. I read it on one of the other motorcycle forums I visit. A Gold Wing rider supposedly showed up at a GW rally with a locomotive air horn on his Wing. It used both saddlebags for compressor and tank. This could be total BS, I really don't know. But there are times I'd would have loved to have that system on my bike!

And I'm not talking about that JC Whitney locomotive sound horn either!
              We're talking the real Norfolk and Southern, Union Pacific, CSX, RJ Corman choo choo train!

Comment

This is what i have. Its soo much louder than any other horn ive heard. It comes with everything you need to install it. I just painted my horns black. Good luck!

Comment

sence the horn only draws 4 amps they claim that the stock system is sufficient. I'm going to install a 30 amp relay, the horn will only use its maximum amperage; wih power from the battery, there should be little voltage drop so the horn will operate at it's optimum level.

Comment

Where are ya gonna mount those suckers.....??
                    on the front fender where they will be the most efective!!!

I have heard these before and they will make whoever is infront of them, ears bleed!!!!

Comment

cheap horn

The econo horn works well to, its some salt water in a flask, a quick gargle, and it will allow you to yell louder, "watch where your going a-hole", then there is the deluxe kit witch comes with some spray glow bright paint for your middle finger so it can be seen more clearly

Comment

You might want to check these out:

Should get everyone's attention.

85GS550L

Comment

Originally posted by my98xplorer
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-AIR-HORN-COMPLETE-KIT-RED-HORNS-135-db-LOUD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ7995058 766QQrdZ1

This is what i have. Its soo much louder than any other horn ive heard. It comes with everything you need to install it. I just painted my horns black. Good luck!
                          These look like what I had on my Lowrider. I had a highway/crash bar and mounted the horns to the upper crossmember right up against the frame. They were truly loud, but with about a one second delay between pressing the button and the horns going off. Was a teeney bit annoying with the delay.

If you get air horns, keep that compressor mounted as close to the actual horns as possible and trim the hoses as short as possible to cut the delay.

Comment

Working...
                          X