Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Clutch??

Hi,
    The Clutch on GS1000G Is really stiff,I have check and cleaned the cable and that is fine,made sure there are no tight bends any where.So oviously the problem lies within the clutch it self :? ,What causes a clutch to go hard,when it isnt the Cable What do I look for
    all and any advice is appreciated

Brownie

Have the friction plate springs been changed? I bought Barnett springs once to replace my old ones and they were way to friggin stiff.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
      Have the friction plate springs been changed? I bought Barnett springs once to replace my old ones and they were way to friggin stiff.
      I will never make that mistake again!!!

there is a bearing in the top of the clutch cover that the clutch actuation shaft goes through, if it has siezed it will make the clutch hard.

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        That Gives me some thing to look out for,I have never replaced the Friction plate springs,Is there a way of telling if they are heavy duty springs
        Brownie

Comment

Working...
        X