3 wire stator connectior smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 wire stator connectior smoking

The other day i was starting my 82gs750 with the seat off. The bike was starting hard from the choke and had to turn it over serveral times. I finally go tht ebike running when i noticed a light wisp of smoke coming from the 3 wire connector that connects to the the stator coil smoking. all three wires were warm with the black one being very hot. What could be going on?. I never noticed this problem before. Could this have to do with the starter being cranked several times in a row for 5 sec? Any thoughts. thanks in advance Scotto

I've just gone thru the same and more. Check out this thread for plenty of tips
    Regards
    Tv

BTW after checking all the connections and using contact cleaner in the plastic connecting plug the system seems OK. Replaced all old cracked connections. Total PITA!

Comment

Better to just cut out the connector and solder them together.

Comment

update fixed!!

It looked like there were actually several wires that were hot to the touch. It just so happend that it was inadequate electrical connections after all. I cut put fresh butt connectors on all of them and now no overheat problem I guess its worth running your bike with the seat off and feeling for hotspots in your wiring harness!

Comment

Get rid of those crimp-on butt connectors! You will run into the same problems pretty quick by using them. Solder them and use heat shrink to insulate!!

Comment

Working...
          X