1000 in a 750 frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 in a 750 frame?

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 79 2-valve 1000cc engine in a 78 frame. My dads 750 has lost compression and I have this 1000 sitting around that should run. Just curious if anyone had any input. Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, it should drop and bolt right in?

Anyone else?

Comment

Re: 1000 in a 750 frame?

Both engines use the same case and the mounting lugs are identical.
      Head height (I'm guessing) is bout 3/8" taller. No problem. Its a drop in.

Earl

Originally posted by gsxrcurt
      Does anyone have any experience with putting a 79 2-valve 1000cc engine in a 78 frame. My dads 750 has lost compression and I have this 1000 sitting around that should run. Just curious if anyone had any input. Thanks.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Re: 1000 in a 750 frame?

Originally posted by earlfor
        Both engines use the same case and the mounting lugs are identical.
        Head height (I'm guessing) is bout 3/8" taller. No problem. Its a drop in.

Earl

Originally posted by gsxrcurt
        Dang, I knew something for once!! 8O But I still wasn't sure of myself :P

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with putting a 79 2-valve 10

yes it will work i've done the same swap both ways and it is an exact fit...it was a lot easier than painting 2 bikes the opposite colors of the other... ...now if only someone would answer my tranny question....

Comment

Thanks guys! This is a little depressing because the 1000 was gonna get turnt into a drag only bike for me to play with, but I think i owe it to my dad so this will work out great. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X