curious problems with an 82 GS650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curious problems with an 82 GS650

So I've been working on this new bike I got, and at first was only firing on two cylinders. The two left ones would fire, and I found replacing the igniter and one coil was the problem.

Now although the thing runs pretty decent, it seems to need a bit of a carb adjustment, but otherwise fine. (this is due to a very slight bog when you hit the throttle hard) I figured synching the carbs may do the trick (there isn't much problem here)

However Whenever I try to synch them up now, my tool shows no vaccum coming from the carburators, and I'm curious because with no vaccum, how is it running so well?

I hooked the tool up to my 550 that's running fine and there isn't a problem, it's showing plenty of vaccum...

a little info, it was sitting for a little bit when we got it, has about 19,000 miles on it. Compression was 8% change across the board (from 160-180).

So frankly, I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.

If it's running, there is vacumn.
    All I can think of is the way you have it hooked up,are the adapters screwed in OK?

Comment

oh yeah, totally. could it be that the boots themselves in between the carbs and engine are faulty? If that's the case it should hardly run at all, right?

I dunno I'm confused. I also wondered if the holes themselves were plugged for some reason, and that's not the case either.

oye...

Comment

Well yes you could have vacumn leak's in the boot's ,but it should still show some reading's on the gauge's.
        You blanked off the vacumn take off for the petcock?
        Take one of the screw's out of the carb boot's & push a piece of wire through to make shure they are not sealed off, people do wierd thing's!

Comment

yeah haha, I blocked it off, made that mistake with the first bike.

I'll try jammin stuff up onto the holes and see if that's the problem heh.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X