A mechanic I can trust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mechanic I can trust!

A couple of weeks ago, I met a guy at the local tavern and was talking about my '79 GS1000 and '79 GS750 (neither of which runs...but I bought BOTH for $200). He said he trained on a '78 GS850 and just loved fixing bikes and would get them "purring like they just came off the line".

We had a couple of beers and tapped glasses, which to me signifies a contract. He said that he would take a few weeks and at $20/hr get me going!!! With the gas prices, I need this.

So far, he has looked at the carbs and ultrasoniced them for $40 (not yet back together). I wrote up a contract to protect both of us that I would buy all the parts and all work would be approved by me. If I buy defective parts, he isn't penalized. Finally, a mechanic I can trust!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds fair enough. If you have any tech questions, let us know. Some of us know a thing or two about these bikes too.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thank you Keith! As I've openly stated before..a piece of paper has more mechanical knowledge than I do.

I learned to ride 30 years ago on a '65 CB450 and just love the feel of the wind on my face and what little hair I still have. I have appreciated the advice everyone has given me in the past few months and just want to get these beauties running again!

Comment

sounds like a good, inexpensive mechanic, hope you get both your bikes going.

in reality, there are more dedicated, honest, and experienced mechanics out there than there are "sharks" who call themselves mechanics, its just that negative press speaks so much louder than positive press.

for instance the "contract" you made up is just a version of the fine print youd find on a legitimate business' repair-order. I think you are smart drawing that up in your instance if he didnt provide one.

kinda nice he trained on old GS's, huh?

Comment

Working...
        X