Stock jet sizes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock jet sizes??

I just got a new (to me) set of stock pipes for my 1150. I want to put them on so i can put on a centerstand and finally access the oil drain plug and filter, plus my V&H is rusty and ugly albeit much lighter.
    I guess I have two questions, first-What are the carb's jetting sizes with a now totally stock bike? I tried just putting them on and hoping that the jetting would need to be redone but even running it without the airfilter caused a huge trail of smoke, waaaay too rich. I was also thinking that since I'm going to be losing a few HP and gaining a few LBs, why not go ahead and get a K&N airfilter to try and get some back. So what then would be the correct jetting sizes with the new airfilter? I've never messed with changing the jetting before, any tricks to it?

Oh yeah, Can you really change the oil filter with the stock exhausts intalled? that would rule

\m/

Re: Stock jet sizes??

Originally posted by Mookie
    Oh yeah, Can you really change the oil filter with the stock exhausts intalled? that would rule

\m/
    Yes you can, no problem.

Comment

Hi Mookie,

About the jet size, Suzuki delivered the GS1150/GSX1100 with two kinds of engines, because it was a big discussion in the late 70:ties, at least in Sweden and I think also Germany that motorcycles had gone to powerful.

So the dealers in Sweden agreed voluntarily not to deliver motorcycles with more horsepower?s than 100 hp at that time. (The same discussion came later and cars from a lot of European car manufacturers are limited to 250 km/h (155 miles/hours), as you know there are no speed limits in German motorways.

OK, because of all that the GS1150/GSX1100 was delivered with different stock camshafts and jet settings according to country.

You can check the country code of your bike and see the specs. I scanned what the correct stock jet size is for your bike.

I think the easiest way to found out is to look at the ID nr on your carbs, it's written on the side of the carb housing and easy to see from the left side of the bike.

Hope this helps you, the specs goes for the GS1150/GSX1100 1984...

Comment

Ah, thanks, this is excactly what I'm looking for. But are these the specs for the tuned down Euro version? or the standard US version? I thought that mine had 36 mm (or is it 38 mm?) carbs and on this sheet it seems to be saying that it's got 32mm. Am I reading the right thing?

Comment

The sheet goes for both versions, you separate them by the E-nr (country code), should be a plastic label on your frame or somewhere else on the bike.

Check the two different tables for the cams and the main jet within the sheet and you can see that there are more models listed.

As I read the the sheet it should be 36 mm carbs (MIKUNI BS36SS), it's the venturi size that is 32 mm.

Comment

Working...
          X