I'm an idiot! - dropped my bike - in my driveway! Now weird-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an idiot! - dropped my bike - in my driveway! Now weird-

So my bike tipped over (I would rather not talk about why) and I couldn't quite catch it before it hit the ground. It more like laid down peacfully than fell. I was slowing it down when it met the pavement, but anyway, here's the thing - I bent up my case guard on the left side - which I have decided is a cheap piece of crap since it folded up under the bike's weight at a stand still - and I'm now having an issue with my #1 carb.

I just took the bike out for a quick run this evening - first time since the tip over, and noticed fuel pouring out of the #1 drain tube when I pulled up to the first red light down the road from my house. Needless to say I turned around and went home.

Is it possible that the fall could have jarred the float pin loose, thus allowing the float to fall, opening the fuel orifice wide open and soaking my engine and my leg with fuel?

I haven't gotten a chance to take the bowls off yet, but I was just wondering what you folks think it might be. Up until my stupid ass dropped the damn thing, the bike was running perfectly with no problems at all.

You better get inline cause it's a long one. We all done things before.

You might just have a little trash in the needle valve. Drop the bowl and clean it out, I use a few q-tips to get the seat clean.
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I dropped mine today too. I feel pretty stupid. I went to stop and put my left foot down. The gravel magically turned into marbles and my foot just went west. I tried to catch it but... too late. No damage other than a small scratch in the windshield.

Comment

Re: I'm an idiot! - dropped my bike - in my driveway! Now we

Originally posted by KnuckleBuster
        (I would rather not talk about why)

Ahh come on....your story might prevent this from happening to
        someone else. Yep, sounds like the float/needle.

Comment

Definitely an idiot

Comment

Alright, here's what happened:

I've been having a problem starting it early in the mornings because the battery has been low (possible stator problem). It starts great after the weather warms up just a little, but I wanted to ride it to work.

Well, it turned over a couple of times, then the battery just died - it wouldn't turn over for crap (after recharging the battery it sprang to life on half a turn - the low bat. just wasn't spinning it fast enough to start it).

I got *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed and was getting late for work, and - here it is folks - I got off the bike without putting the kickstand down.

MORON!!!

Oh, well....

Comment

the stator papers in the garage will show you how to test your battery and most of all test the output of your charging system. it is quite possible that your battery is bad. I assume that you have cleaned all the terminals and have done the standard maintenance to all the electrical connections and grounds on your bike. Also checked water level in Batt. if applicable

BTW i doubt if you will ever drop your bike in your driveway or any where else as many times as i have.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBuster
                Alright, here's what happened:

I've been having a problem starting it early in the mornings because the battery has been low (possible stator problem). It starts great after the weather warms up just a little, but I wanted to ride it to work.

Well, it turned over a couple of times, then the battery just died - it wouldn't turn over for crap (after recharging the battery it sprang to life on half a turn - the low bat. just wasn't spinning it fast enough to start it).

I got *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed and was getting late for work, and - here it is folks - I got off the bike without putting the kickstand down.

MORON!!!

Oh, well....
                I had that low battery problem with my old GS450. I wanted to ride it real bad, but it just didn't have enough power to start it. I put it in first with the key on, rolled it down a small hill and popped the clutch real fast. Started it once to get where I was going, then the same thing when I left, I rolled it off of a sidewalk the second time. 8)

Comment

Working...
                X