air screw setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air screw setting?

I just finished rebuilding the carbs for a 82 GS850 how many turns out should I set the air screws at to start tuning up this bike up. They were 2 1/2 turns out is that the factory setting?

That is a good place to start, you will more then likely have to fine tune once you do your synch.

I've learned that once you find the sweet spot for your carbs and all are synched and plugs look good that the next time you take your carbs apart for a cleaning to make a note of how many turns in each screw is so you can put them back that way when reassembling.

Good luck, I am about to do another synch (sixth time)...don't ask....but I am waiting for my exhaust gaskets so I can get started.

Scud

Comment

One more thing...those are probably CV carbs and those are mixture screws you are referring, the air screw on CV carbs is on the intake side or airbox side and those should be seated. The mixture screw is the one on top of the carb that is under the little aluminum cap.

Scud

Comment

Thanks - Yes it is the mixture screws that I am refering to. I need to get a carb sync tool - that's next but it is running pretty darn good right now. Finally!!!!. Thanks Robert for the carb o - rings and everyone else that helped out. I replaced almost all of the O-rings (tach, cam chain adjuster, carbs, intake boots and O-Rings) The bike only has 23k on it is in great shape. The last task is a new set of tires.

Comment

Awesome!.....hopefully I will get my bike back together before the snow flies...

Scud

Comment

Working...
          X