Need info about spark plug wire install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info about spark plug wire install

just bought a GS750T and am going to do a minor tune-up...how do I check the rear brake drum (to see if it needs new pads), and how do I replace the plug wires...do I need to remove the gas tank?

Can't help you on the drum brake (been 20+ years since I had a bike with one), but you will have to pull the tank to get to the coils. Keep in mind that the wires are molded into the coil towers. They can be changed but it is a pain. If you need new caps, they are easy to replace. Do a search and you should find several threads on doing it.

Comment

This is true, the spark plug wires and coil are all one piece and can't be changed like automotive plug wires can. If you really want to do it, run a search on the subject, there a few posts with some ideas, but like the above post says, its a pain. Unless you really have a problem with a frayed wire or something, I wouldn't mess with it.

Yup, you've got to take the gas tank off to do it.

Comment

A set of newer GSXR, Bandit, or Kat coils is the way to go. You can usually get a set for about $30 on Ebay.

Comment

Down by the brake arm their should be some marks on the drum & the lever I think when they line up the brakes need repair It should tell in the book

Comment

Working...
          X