Dirty carbs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty carbs!

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site & need some help. I've got a 78 gs750 thats been garaged for 3 years. Got it ready to start and when the engine turns over gas pours out the carb overflow hoses. Is there anything I can do to clean out the carbs without taking them off and rebuilding them?

There is something you can try.
    You know that injector/carb cleaner that you put in the gas tank of you car, well drain the gas from your carbs or run it with the gas line disconected until empty.
    Then useing a large syringe or a small funnel, pore the cleaner down the fuel line until the float bowl's are full, leave for a couple of days then drain.
    Sometimes this work's!

Comment

Regarding injector/carb cleaners, I've heard good things over the years about two particular cleaners: Techron and Sea Foam. I've used Techron before and nothing bad happened, but no miracles happened, either. I've never tried Sea Foam, but I think Wal-Mart carries it.

Comment

Sea-foam is pretty good. once you do that soaking process, you can also pour some into your gastank as per the instructions, and that should help.

If it doesnt help as well as you needed, then you can look at the carb-cleanup series on the home-page. its really not too hard, and will definitely solve the problem (take care though).

poot

Comment

Dirty carbs! revisited

Thanks for the info! Will give it a shot. Happy trails to you all!

Comment

Working...
          X