Needed: Carb intake boots for '81 GS550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed: Carb intake boots for '81 GS550L

tried http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm and http://bikebandit.com, but couldn't find them on any of the diagrams. am i looking at the wrong diagrams, or are they just not there?

if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

austinringding

Look under the cylinder head schematic. Parts # 18 and 19 on the alpha sports site. Listed as 'pipe, inlet'. Buy O rings too.

Comment

jimcor, thanks a bunch. i did see those, but wasn't sure if that is what I needed. so i am assuming I need 2-#18 and 2-#19 to replace all 4 of mine. is that a correct assumption?

Comment

Originally posted by austinrinding
        jimcor, thanks a bunch. i did see those, but wasn't sure if that is what I needed. so i am assuming I need 2-#18 and 2-#19 to replace all 4 of mine. is that a correct assumption?
        Yes. that's correct 2 left and 2 right.

Check bikebandit's prices too. Might save a little, and if you're an AMA member you get an additional 6% off.

Comment

can you give me a link for more info on the AMA membership? is that the American Motorcyle Assoc?

Comment

That'll put you in touch with 'em.

Comment

www.alpha-sports.com has them for $26.36/apiece

bikebandit.com has them for $21.95/apiece

i don't know of any suzuki motorcycle parts dealers in my area--Austin, TX
              how would I go about locating one that is close to me, so that I could possibly avoid the shipping charge?

thanks again

Comment

Might I ask the reason that you're searching to replace the intakes?

Comment

I know the intakes on my 83 1100e are different, but for the hell of it while at the dealer for something else I asked if they could get them. Yup, $10.00 each, Suzuki parts. I'll be ordering them soon. I was afraid it would be a small fortune.

By the way, I ordered the bolts to attach an oil cooler to the block on the 1100 w/copper washers, $15.00. I know someone here was looking for them. My dealer has been pretty good for the oddball parts. 3 to 4 working days and they're in, no shipping.

FYI,
                  Chris

Comment

I might have you order some intake boots for the 750 for me if you're game. $10/piece sounds a whole lot better than $26.

Comment

Mike,

Went to bikebandit .com, looked up mine same price, $10.05. Yours were $21.+ You have the metal, rubber combo, mine are all rubber. I would imagine dealer would be about the same, plus the shipping from me to you. No savings.

Chris

Comment

I appreciate the effort anyway, although I've never seen any metal in the boots.

Keep in mind I haven't dismantled them yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X