Tire size info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire size info needed

I need to replace my front tire ( 90-90/19, Bridgestone S11 H rated). Would like to find a V-rated tire as I like to crank the speeds when possible. Can a 100/90-19V fit my rim? Will later year Gixxer rims fit the '81 GS 750E/1100E forks/swingarm? For now, I'd just like to replace the front tire. Any help appreciated. 8)

If you want to fit a larger tire on the front I would suggest that you also do it on the back.

Fitting a wider tire will make the tyre bulge differently and having different bulges on the front and back is rather uncomforable.

Comment

I know we went up a size in the back, but not sure in the front.
      There is plenty of room between the forks, just want to make sure a 100/90 -19 will fit a rim that has a 90-90/19 tire. I get some bad front end shake at high speeds ( don't ask how high, the bike has that 85mph speedo. Let's just say very much past that). Have had the shake tfrom the racer rebuild to the tourer mode it's in now. Have a fork brace and Progressive Suspension springs & air assist kit on forks. Brake rotors are not warped. My guess is I'm pushing the max of the H rated tire.

Comment

Hi

A ordinary GSX750E 1981,
        will not reach the H rating limit...

Comment

I know one of my 450's has a 100/90-19 on the rim and it works out just fine, but I'm not pushing it as you're describing.

Comment

Not an ordinary GS750E. Has 1100 carbs, cams, springs & valves. V&H racing exhaust, Hemi'd heads and Dyna hi-output ignition. Also Lockhart oil cooler. Nice performance, till I try to lean this beast. Very top heavy and can feel the frame twist. I hit 85 end of speedo just after shifting to 3rd gear when cranking the throttle. Great hiway bike. Just wish it had wider rubber like my Venture had.

Comment

Working...
            X