JOES CAFE RACER Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOES CAFE RACER Project

Well I have this project, and the breakdown is underway, anyho, the GS750 had been siting for 4 years at least ,
    I cleaned the carbs and luckily the bike had been drained of all fuel, becouse the guy who owned it before me decided to paint the tank Badly, anyhow there seems to a oil leak and it seems to be comming from exhaust port #1,
    The guy put the Header on with NO exhaust gaskets. luckily he had only ridden up and down the road, and like I said the oil seems to be comming out of the exhaust port #1,
    I guess this is a valve seal, this allso the side the bike leans to when on the side stand,
    Im planning a Cafe Racer for this machine, definately Robinjo's 750 influenced my decision.
    Ill takes some pictures of the progress, and I guess Im gonna mock the bike up before I rip in to the top end.
    do you think I need to rip in to the top end or do you think I should run it for a while and see?

You know, that oil from the exhaust port may be water and combustion products. Take a really close look at this substance. A leak in the exhaust donut could if the bike is not truly warm, be the aforementioned water from combustion and carbon.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

nah its definately OIL

Comment

Cafe racers rock. I love mine... what a fun bike to ride!

Comment

Sidestand spring is loose.

Comment

Yeah it is! I gave up on it and ordered a new one.

Comment

cafe racers are 8)

Once I get mine to fire its getting clipons and maybe a custom seat :twisted:

Comment

I too am starting the long journy of Mod's I don't know if my bike will be a Cafe racer or closer to a Street Fighter. One thing it will be custom. You all will be seeing a lot of dumb questions from me in the days to come. I have an 81 GS750 also known as a GSX750 depending on which site I look on you can check out what I have planed at 1981 GSX750E I need a MOD parts list any ideas?? Any suggetions will help.

Comment

Working...
                  X