No announcement yet.

I think I have an electircal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is reading 12+volts, it is doing Something...That is why I would try the connections first, then recheck using the stator papers as others here have advised you to do.

As for you choice of parts, I personally have no experience with that brand, so I cannot help you there.

Comment

I would not troubleshoot with a credit card just yet. Stators are expensive and a pain to change. Check the AC voltage from the stator leads for output when the engine is running before dropping a few hundred dollars.

Personally I like the Honda Regulator Mod

Search the forum for Honda Regulator Mod to see picture of how I tied it in to my bike
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I have the Ricks R/R in my bike from motorcycle superstore and it performs flawlessly. Like you I almost invested in a stator, but he Stator papers on here saved me $150 because mine was fine, Check the voltage per the papers.

Comment

ok this weekend i did the stator tests and also the one in the repair manual.

Looks like my stator is toast. So I kept my order with electrosport. However thier regulators are still delayed so I had them ship the stator first and ordering the ricks motorsports regulator

All my wires are clean too.

Spending the big bucks...hope my bike runs clean after this

Comment

Working...
          X