GS1000G exhaust headers on a GS1000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bid on a set of MAC Headers for a 1981 GS1000G. This is a mistake unless someone could tell me if these headers would fit my 1982 GS1100-G. The MAC catalog has 2 seperate part numbers one for the GS1000 and the other for gs1100.

Re: GS1000G exhaust headers on a GS1000G

Originally posted by dynamisg
    I just bid on a set of MAC Headers for a 1981 GS1000G. This is a mistake unless someone could tell me if these headers would fit my 1982 GS1100-G. The MAC catalog has 2 seperate part numbers one for the GS1000 and the other for gs1100.
    Glad to see you finally got in! Just remember, If they don't fit - I won't hold you to the auction 8)

Comment

Thanks for allowing me to do that! I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

Re: GS1000G exhaust headers on a GS1000G

Originally posted by dynamisg
        Thanks for allowing me to do that! I am sorry for any inconvenience.
        Believe me - It's not a problem, it's much cheaper to re-list than it is to ship an item that you couldn't use

Comment

OK i have retracted the bid. So there should be no charges at all. Thanks!!

Comment

I think that the 1000G and the 1100G are going to take the same pipe. It's the 1000E or 1000S (chain drive model) that will be different.

Comment

If I can know that for sure by tomorrow morning I will replace the BID!! Like I said in an earlier append, that the MAC site itself has a seperate part number for the GS1000G and the GS1100G exhaust system.

Comment

Sometimes, dont know that this is the case here, parts makers will put different parts numbers on the same peice. I know that Honda does this as I had to replace the tail/brake light assembly on my Valkyrie. The t/b light was $150 for the Valk and only $79 for the VTX which was the exact same t/b light assembly. Found a few other parts like that as well. I also know the GM used to do it back in the early 80's.

Comment

That might be the case, but can anyone answer the question:
                  Will the header pipes from MAC for the '81 GS1000G work on a 82' GS1100G. If someone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X