Headlight went out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight went out...

My sealed headlight burnt out on my 82' GS450 txz. I guess I'm supposed to buy a complete new sealed headlight assembly for it? Is there a cheaper way to fix this problem?

They do make 'conversion kits' that replace a sealed beam headlight to accept a standard H-4 halogen replaceable bulb. Other than that, your pretty much relegated to buying a complete new sealed bulb.

Comment

Who does the conversion kits? That has to be the way to go.

Comment

sylvania.

Comment

part number 6000-303 7" quartz headlamp lens. 16.15 + tx (autopal)

standard H-4 bulb 5.75 +tx (or get one of those silverstars for like 20.00)

those numbers are from the KK supply book, any good parts house should be able to use em. the prices listed are m.s.r.p.

the sealed beam headlamp should be relatively inexpensive I would think. just not as bright as the same wattage halogen. you may need a different diameter headlamp, I dunno, just measure across the lamp.

Comment

measure very carefully, because my GS400 came with a like 6 7/8" headlight or something, and there isn't even replacement bulbs (sealed beam) availible for it. I got a new 7" bucket and lens/h4 combo, and its like 500% brighter

Comment

I just bought a standard H4 motorcycle halogen bulb and siliconed it into the existing headlight enclosure. Nothing like a bodge-job. 8)

Comment

Hey!

Comment

Working...
                X