Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS450L Rear Shock Absorber Rated weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L Rear Shock Absorber Rated weight?

How strong should the absorber be?
    When I drop the bike last month 1 of the absorber became an L shape, no use at all.

Now I change the absorber and it is rated at 200kg shock. But it feel too stiff. If i ride 2 person it is very confortable, but i usually ride alone for 100miles each week. the stiff absorber make me tired

What is the actual or recommended weight should i get the absorber?

200kg is about 444 pound~

Does your shock have a stepped preload adjustment? Look for a stepped collar at the bottom of the spring that can be turned.

Comment

Do you mean this in the picture?

So Rotating the thing will make it softer ?

Thanks for your advice

Comment

It is on it's softest setting right now, so you're not going to be able to help with preload adjustment on it.

Comment

I tried to change it, its become harder ever as you said Then I must buy the new one )

These absorber are quite cheap only 20USD. so i guess ok to throw for a better & safer riding.

What weight I should buy? what is the original rear absorber weight they use.

Comment

Judging from the picture, it looks like the coil spring on the replacement is quite a bit heavier than what's on my bikes. If you are finding new shocks for $20, that may be part of the issue that they just aren't good quality. I've never seen a spec for the the rated weight of the factory shocks, so sorry I can't help you there. Shocks here in the states from most motorcycle parts houses are significantly more per pair than that. Good luck!

Comment

Yes the spring is larger then my original also, Its OEM so its cheap.

hope someone know the weight or better yet, tell me which motorcycle model rear absorber i can use instead because telling them GS450 they just shake their head and say sorry cant get those ....

Comment

I dont't know what part of the world you are in but the UK has many aftermarket parts for the GS450 still. Try this link.

Comment

I am in Malaysia, The price in the store you mention is out of my reach ....

Comment

Working...
                  X