Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any experience with Vesrah gaskets ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have any experience with Vesrah gaskets ???

I have gotten a Vesrah engine gasket set and the O-rings for the intake flange to head interface do not look the same as tne OEM ones. The 1s in the kit are orange o-rings. the stock 1s are black and flat. They also look thicker. I just wanted to get some feedback from any1 who has used Vesrah gaskets before. the package has my application listed on the back.
    Now the pertinent info:
    86 GS550ES-(GSX550 Katana for the rest of the world) thanks fellas you guys are rarely at a loss for answers to my qestion. And it is very appreciated.

A buddy of mine who owns a non-dealership motorcycle shop swears by OEM gaskets. They will always fit, and if you get a kit, everything will be there. He has not had good luck with aftermarket gaskets. This is not to say the one you have is faulty, I'm just giving one man's opinion.
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I've used Vesrah gasket sets before and noticed some differences in the o-ring seals. Seems like some of the real small ones wouldn't fit so I re-used the stock ones. The o-ring you're referring to should be fine, I think the original was round when new but has flattened out from age and heat. If it won't stay in place during assembly, try a dab of Yamaha Bond or silicone.
      Axel

Comment

I uesd Vesrah last time I rebuilt my bike and had no problem BUT...I advise that you use the OEM base and head gaskets...If you have a leak that will be the most likely places.

Hap

Comment

Is it possible to post a picture here. "worth a thousand words" you know.
          anyhow I am talking about the intake manifold gaskets, specificaly. thanks. I have an anoying intake leak at this location now, causing the bike to hi-idle after it is warm. extremely annoying and it makes shifting "less than smooth" shall we say. not to mention what the lean condition does to an engine. although it doesnt ping at all. anyhow, again thanks to all of you.

krash

Comment

Working...
          X