kz1000 police pipes on gs1000g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kz1000 police pipes on gs1000g

i'll have both bikes in the same place this weekend but was wondering if anyone could tell me beforehand as the suspense is distracting from other stuff I should be pondering

1987 kz1000 police parts bike
    1980 gs1000gt resurrection project

gs has nasty-funky pipes
    kz has less-nasty less-funky pipes

just wondering how close the fit is, aside from the brackets for hanging them.
    mental image has them pretty close but I've been known to imagine things that turned out quit different in the light of reality

tnx
    -bob

well I am afraid we will be looking to you to tell us if it is possible.
    I am not aware of it ever being posted here before.

Comment

Measure the distance between all four downpipes and let us know, we are curious too!

Comment

Check with Oz Powersports in Ottawa, Kansas. They have a pretty good reputation with some of the KC folks. As for mufflers, I went to a local Harley dealer and told them I was looking for some mufflers and he handed me a set of brand new mufflers FREE! He said that everyone wants loud pipes and they keep em in the back for someone that drops their bike. Mine were off a Road King. My GK sounds better, just had to fabricate a small strap on the back side to fit. Great fix cheap.Hope this helps...

Comment

WOSA!

Will have a go at Harley shop if the KZ kit won't go.
          Got my 70% BTX 45 front tire for free from tire shop because "folks just change 'em both and I won't sell a used tire"

Will definitely measure and report back.

-Bob

Comment

The Harley pipes are the best deal ever for these old bikes.
            I did mine last year with no problems at all.

Comment

Reporting back on the KZ1000 police (J engine) pipes.
              I did some research with googls and it eems the heads are interchangeable.
              Translation, pipes fit head.
              Ends here.
              The kwaker pipes are not bent as sharply and extend approx one and a quarter inches
              more than the soozoo heads. Plenty of room for fender to clear.
              The kwaker pipes down section is longer on all four sd all four will rde under the frame..
              I didn;t actually move them, just used a measring stick.
              I beliueve they will fit and work but NOT with the centerstand.

If I do move, I'll make some photos. A lot depends on whether or not the kwaker parts bike runs and whether or not the title shows up.

I managed to unfunk the GS1000 pipes a bit by cutting off the ectensions that had been welded on. Bike is much quieter now.

Still have what seems to be an ignition problem...$200 bike. it's gonna have bugs...

Comment

Gonna call the cops! Lexington/Fayette County police have gone to Harley-Davidsons, from the big Kawasakis. I do have to admit, the HD's really do look good. Cop bike white, blacked out engine with polished fins, lots of chrome, blue lights ..screams Authority! Anyway we have at least 2 new HDs, I want to find out if/when they auction off the old Kawasakis. Probably end up on e-bay.

Comment

this one came from a guy who bought it at an impoud lot auction.
                  paperwork shows court ordered revocation of private party tag and permit for impound lot to sell for storage.

might hook up to the truck today and see if she turns over. the carbs are off. cleaned bowls.
                  one was full of rusty water. cleaned jets and orifices in that carb. carb next door was clean so I didn't mess with the other two. if she turns over and has compression I'll put them back on ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X