GS750 Float height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 Float height?

Can anyone confirm the float level settings for a '77 GS750? Some sites tell me differing things...

26 mm I beleive.

Comment

C'mon Earl! I know you got the manual.
      PM him pasteurized?
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Wouldn't these be the same as on the liter bike? Isn't it using the same vm26ss carbs?

Comment

Hoomgar, yep, same carbs. But, each bike had its own jets of course and I want to make sure that the float settings weren't different.

Keith- I'll just wait on Earlfor to see the post. I'm sure the info will help others out in the future ;-)

Comment

I don't have my manual at work, but here is earl's previous answer...

Comment

Well, I guess I will give 24-25mm a shot. If anyone comes across a different answer or can confirm this with a manual, please let us all know.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, it all depends on the manual...

25-27 mm .....Factory manual (3rd edition published 12/79)
                26 mm .........Clymer 77 750B
                23-25 mm .....Clymer 78-79
                26 mm..........Haynes
                25-27 mm......Chilton

There is also the method that uses a clear tube that screws into the bowl where the drain plug goes. That method measures the actual level of the gas when the carbs are mounted. The factory manual says that the fuel level should be 2.5-3.5 mm below the bottom edge of the carb body where it mates to the bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ptm
                  Well, it all depends on the manual...

25-27 mm .....Factory manual (3rd edition published 12/79)
                  26 mm .........Clymer 77 750B
                  23-25 mm .....Clymer 78-79
                  26 mm..........Haynes
                  25-27 mm......Chilton
                  Isn't that amazing? A difference of as much as 4mm? No way every one of those settings would give good results. Most bikes can handle 1mm up or down from the "perfect" setting.
                  If you look at those numbers, seems like 25mm or 26 mm would be the best overall setting? My gut feeling still says 24mm but that's just my opinion.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
                  X