Coil specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil specs

I'm a bit confused, the coils I pulled off my bike have a primary resistance of 4.2 ohms and secondary resistance of 15000 ohms.
    The manual specifies a secondary resistance of 30000 to 40000 ohms as being acceptable.
    Would this difference make too much difference as I see Dyna coils all have about 15000 ohms as secondary resistance.
    Any light shed on this problem will be greatly received

Re: Coil specs

[quote="JD"]I'm a bit confused, the coils I pulled off my bike have a primary resistance of 4.2 ohms and secondary resistance of 15000 ohms.
    The manual specifies a secondary resistance of 30000 to 40000 ohms as being acceptable.
    Would this difference make too much difference as I see Dyna coils all have about 15000 ohms as secondary resistance.
    Any light shed on this problem will be greatly received [/quot) I see that both coils have the 15000 ohm secondary reading--Are you sure that they are stock coils--Personally i find it hard to believe that both coils are running an ultra high resistance and are both messed up--how was the bike running before you removed the cois?? What color are the coils and were they mounted with 2 bolts from each coil to the frame???

Comment

I've got a suspicion that the coils aren't original, they are both black Nippon Denso units and both have two bolts securing them to the frame.
      The numbers on them read
      33420-00A00
      129700- 1050
      and
      33410-00A00
      129700- 1040
      One problem the bike has is that it feels sluggish at high RPM, this could be partly due to the clutch but I don't think so as the engine speed is sluggish not the actual vehicle speed.
      Otherwise it's fine, always fires up first time

Comment

are your plugs burning the correct color

Comment

the plugs show its running slightly rich.

Comment

Originally posted by JD
            the plugs show its running slightly rich.
            if the cluth was thew culprit i think it would break loose under power from time to time.

when you are experiencing this problem is it in an all out run???

Comment

Working...
            X