Help! with RR switch :*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! with RR switch :*)

Hi, I have a friend over right now helping me with the RR from honda. The problem is that the suzuki RR has a white/red wire. How does this one get wired in?

Another question, what about the wires that go to the old RR. I have a black-white that we are not sure what to do with.

thank you

Comment

Look at this picture, it and the wiring diagram for the bike were all that I used. It was really easy, I just crimped bullet connectors onto the three wires from the Honda R/R and plugged everything up, ran the green to ground and the black I crimped into the brake light using a three way crimp connector. For the headlight circuit I just plugged the white/green and white/red together. Voila, took maybe five minutes.

Comment

what is the black/white going to the old RR for? O, I dont have a headlight switch either? It appears that it runs to the front and then back to the RR?

thank you

Comment

I'm at work so no wiring diagram handy sorry....Do you have a manual? If so chekc the wiring diagram for your bike. Although you never know, sometime in the last 20 years its entierly possible someone has monkey with your wiring! It sounds to me like this was probably the leads that went to and from the light...maybe they were already jumpered around? Sorry I can't tell you more from here.

Good luck

Comment

My old RR had a black/white, yellow, white/blue, white/red, and red. We connected the yellow, white/blue, white/red to the honda RR yellows, the red form the honda rr went to battery, green to ground, black to back light. We cut the black/white from the old RR and left it unconnected? Seems to work...

my old RR got super hot, this one seems quite cool.

intercessor

Comment

Cool! Sorry, but I just can't remember off the top of my head what that wire was How is your charging voltage? (i.e. what does your voltmeter say at the battery terminals with the bike running? If your >14 but <15 V you should be golden! Hopefully this will take care of the problem you were having before, or did you already get that sorted out?

Comment

Well, the RR seemd to work but I have the same old problems with it running bad Have no idea what it can be, maybe the ignitor or dirty carb...

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by maparker
                  Look at this picture, it and the wiring diagram for the bike were all that I used. It was really easy, I just crimped bullet connectors onto the three wires from the Honda R/R and plugged everything up, ran the green to ground and the black I crimped into the brake light using a three way crimp connector. For the headlight circuit I just plugged the white/green and white/red together. Voila, took maybe five minutes.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...+regulator+mod
                  I did the shots, PM with with any questions or if you need any help
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Sorry to here that its still not performing... Do you have a thread going on that still? If not try again, if you can get a good thread going you'll get lots of ideas on what to look for! Have you completely cleaned the carbs? If I remember what you posted before I though you might have a clogged circuit there. Also what do your plugs look like? Is there one that is fouled? If so I would definitely pull those carbs....I can empathize, mine are on the workbench in various states of disassembly!

Good luck,
                    Mark

Comment

I was just looking for information on setting my float heights and ran across a thread you may be VERY interested in:

Does this sound like what's happening with you? Again I only remember that you were having trouble at highway speeds?

Comment

Working...
                      X