gs 450L handling/suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 450L handling/suspension

I am beggining to think about upgrading the suspension a bit on my 450. I already replaced the stock bars, and lowered the triple clamps 3/4", both of which improved the handling, also I will get progressive springs before long. My question is about the rear. If I ever get my seat finished, I figure I'll be sitting about 2-3 inches behind the stock setup. Will this be enough to dramtically affect the geometry of the bike? I was thinking about longer rear shocks, say 1/2 - 3/4 inches over sized? am I flirting with disaster? or could this improve performance in the turns?

As for the rideing position, handleing wise there should be no problem as your wieght will be low and forward.
    With the rear shock's 1/2 to3/4 of an inch is not a radical change so you wont be "flirting with disaster"

Comment

Raising the rear and lowering the front improves cornering, in general.

Comment

thanks for the reassurance guys. Now I just have to figure who makes the shocks I need. I know progressive makes rear shocks that are intended for older applications, but I'm not sure that I can find them at 13 1/2" or more. Anybody know a good route to go, or a place where I can order progressives by length rather than application?

Comment

If you cant find anything try Ikon (was koni ) in Australia!

Comment

Working...
          X