Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb sync settings for 82 850L

Hi everyone,

I'm trying my first carb sync on my '82 GS850L. I have the mercury stick from JC Whitney. What are the correct settings for 1234 cylinders? Any tips that will keep me out of trouble?

Thanks much.

the outer cylinders should be slightly higher readings than the inner cylinders,and both pairs should be even.

number 3 carb is the one you haveta match to. its fixed.

there is a special tool to hold the screw whilst tightening the nut on the adjusters. I need one as its almost impossible to get the settings right using a wrench and screwdriver.

I just set my tank on top of the mounts in front, and use a hunk of 2x4 to raise the back, so I can access the adjustments and still have fuel for the carbs.

dont run the bike very long sitting still, and use a fan if you have one to keep it cool. I set my first two, and then took a lunch break to let it cool down and came back to finish.

thats about all I can think of, I just did mine two days ago, took some time to get em right, but the process is easy enough.

Comment

What LW has said is fine, the actual numeric reading does not matter.
      Have to admit though that I'm not certain why Suzuki recomends different readings for the outside cylinders on some models but not others?
      The theory is the outsde cylinders run cooler than the inner, and on some there was a slight diff in main jet size between outer & inner
      I know owners of these bikes that sync them all the same and are perfectly happy.
      Such is life!

Comment

Thank you

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

I think since the the exhaust pipes for the inner cylinders are different length than the outer cylinders affects the sync settings.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
          X