Found a Hose..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a Hose..

So I came home from a drive one night and found a Clear hose hanging off the frame, resting on top of the exhaust on the right side. It had come lose from somewhere... The only air/exhaust hose i'm aware of is the one that comes from the Batterys spill hole... Could anyone tell me where else I might want to check. Name and Location... (As much as i'd hate to admit it... I have no idea where the Airbox is...along with a few other things)

The bike is an '86 GS750ES. Thanks greatly.

The Air box is under the seat and in front of the battery. My '83 750E, I only have 2 hoses. 1 is the BAttery and 1 is the Gas Tank Vent hose.

I'm supposed to have 2 vent hoses coming from the carbs, but I couldn't get them back on after I re-installed my carbs, so left them off. This could be your scenario. Perhaps the Vent tube on #4 came off? I think it's #4?

Good Luck.

Comment

the only clear hose found on motorcycles is the battery vent hose.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
        the only clear hose found on motorcycles is the battery vent hose.
        Unless someone replaced the Carb Vent lines with CLear hose? :roll:

Comment

Unless someone replaced the Carb Vent lines with CLear hose?
          If it's clear hose, I think it would be hard as glass and brittle. That stuff doesn't hold up to gas fumes or spills- don't ask me how I know... But battery acid is fine for it. :roll:
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X