GS1100GK Fork Substitutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GK Fork Substitutions

Has anyone gathered info on substitutions for forks for the GS1100GK, or a supplier of replacement parts?

I need to replace bent upper (inner) fork tubes, post Bambi, and am having little success in my web searches.

It seems that there are few if any fork tubes available for this bike. If none are available, and no substitutions can be be found, then the reconstruction project ends, and I'll have to part out the bike

Hints and suggestions welcome.

SV

the 'Gk forks are unique to the 'GK. they are bigger than other GS's. You can, however, interchange the triple tree assy from another bike and use the forks with them.

Comment

A complete (tubes & tree)front end from a standard (not L model)GS850/GS1000/GS1100 will fit

Comment

Thanks, Tim & Lynn.

So much for the bike being in original & unrestored condition, I guess.

David

Comment

Keep up on EBAY, lots of GK stuff pops up on there...

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
            Ya spend hours looking on ebay, and the item you want shows up the next day ---- WOW! Thanks for the link, wrench.

I"ve also received an offer of parts from a member on this board WOOOO-HOOOO!!

sv

Comment

Originally posted by sv650
              Originally posted by wrench
              Ya spend hours looking on ebay, and the item you want shows up the next day ---- WOW! Thanks for the link, wrench.

I"ve also received an offer of parts from a member on this board WOOOO-HOOOO!!

sv
              No problem..this place Rocks

Comment

Working...
              X