Need GS1000 choke pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need GS1000 choke pictures...

When I bought my GS1000GT the choke was disconnected by the previous owner, not sure why this is, but in an attempt to help fix my cold start problems I would like to hook this back up. I am not entirely sure how to do this, my service manual is not really going into much detail about it either.

The large choke rod has connectors for smaller pins on carbs 2, 3 and 4, not sure how it is supposed to connect to pin 1. And I see that somewhere between 3 and 2 the choke cable connects to the rod (not sure how it works).

To give me a head start, perhaps someone with a similar model could take a picture of the choke rod and choke pin on carb 1, and if possible a picture of where the cable connects to the rod itself (probably difficult to do this since it is slightly out of view).

I would appreciate any and all assistance.

Should be the same as an 850, I'll take pictures tomorrow in the daylight

Comment

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAAAMsU3NdfiAk1i6lzJo75oL7nPgzu2eF8FQWt60x*MtkOw !ijOrHVSIybd4j*PP4l24G13y43BIU4RDdl6OFN2M6RVFlcEZS jlRWbJtI/Carblink.JPG[/img]

Comment

Thanks, that white bar going across carb 2 that hooks the choke level into the choke ail is what I appear to be missing.

I just got my service manual last night and saw this on the microfiche, I suspect this will be something I can manufacture myself though, there is no sense is spending seom $$ to order a replacement, lol.

Comment

You may also ask here in the parts section. Many members have parts they don't need anymore. Some salvage yards sell parts off carbs that are too damaged to sell as a bank. Cheap.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
          X