82 gs850 update wed night: woohoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs850 update wed night: woohoo!

If you've been following this is like day 13. After carbs (twice), battery, petcock, uni-filter, plugs, tank clean, and vent tube removal... (whew!) this BIKE RUNS like a SCREAMING CHICKEN!!!! Just around the neighbourhood but almost no hesitation with roll on in 4 gear. First is pullin the front end up and spinnin' that crusty old 130 in the rear. Wicked! This is absolutely a first for me. In the past, if I touched a carb, the next stop was the curb. Thanks all who guided me through for current and PAST posts and that great carb clean series!

mike stone
    orlando.

[take care Texas Gulf!]

Well done Mike! Enjoy the bike.

Comment

Mike, I'm going through all that frustration right now... I finally got my electrical straight, now I find I only have two carbs delivering fuel! Sometimes I get the feeling there will be snow on the ground before I get this thing hooked up....

Comment

Hehe, I know what you mean. Fortunatly I think my carbs are delivering fuel, but I ma having problems hooking the choke back up so I don't have to use it manually and getting the hard to start in the cold problem worked out.

Comment

I wish you many happy miles with your new GS !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X