Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange thingy that comes off the engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange thingy that comes off the engine?

Hi,
    I looked on fiche a couple times but didn't find this part. It is below the carb and sticks out between the cyclinders. It has some type of spring loaded mechanism on it? Some form of engine vent?

Thank you,
    intercessor

1985 GS300LF

that would be your cam chain tensioner. its on the fische with the cam chain I believe

Comment

DONT LEAVE HOMW WITHOUT IT OR TURN THE ENGINE OVER WITHOUT IT EITHER . If you call it a thingy, what are you doing removing it??? 8O

Comment

Scotty (displaced, I know it's you) leave his thingy alone please ,this is a family site! :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by gspaul
          Scotty (displaced, I know it's you) leave his thingy alone please ,this is a family site! :twisted: :twisted:
          No more displaced or other usernames. Frank has removed them for me. It was fun for a while. Now let the kiddies play the game. Ill just watch.

but seriously if someone doesnt know what a cam chain adjuster is then he shouldnt be messing with the motor untill he is more familiar with thingies.

Comment

Scotty, I think he just wanted to know what his thingy was( did I just say that)

Comment

well, it is his thingy, he can do whatever he wants with it, if that includes removing it or washing it alot thats his bidness

Comment

Ummm, I was just curious what it was.

Thanks for your input,
                intercessor

Comment

Originally posted by gspaul

LOL!!! you guys are a riot

As for the question, yes, this is one of your thingies that you shouldn't play with until you know more about it

Comment

Funny, I got a song by the Divinyls on the stereo called" I touch myself" playing. Some kind of strangeness going on.
                    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

As long as he just use's one hand to play with his thingy he'll be OK, If he has to used two then that could be to much work and you could pass out or break something.
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I'm glad this post came along. I'm in the process of taking all of the grease off of my thingy right now!

Comment

Admittedly...

I played with my thingy quite a bit before I knew exactly what it was for.

I noticed it made a funny noise when touched, which couldn't be good...so I stopped. It's a good thing I did, because apparently playing with the thingy is the responsible of a LOT of problems.

Now that I'm more educated about my thingy I just marvel at and show my friends; from a distance of course.

Comment

8) I've heard playin with your thingy can cause shortness of breath, light

headedness, hairy palms and in worse cases blindness. Stop before it

becomes a habit or even worse a shrink bill. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by mark
                              I'm glad this post came along. I'm in the process of taking all of the grease off of my thingy right now!
                              You didnt look like the type that would allow his thingy to get greasy mark :x

Comment

Working...
                              X