On road again WoooHooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On road again WoooHooo!

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to everyone that has given advice, wisdom and grins, whether directly or through old posts I searched. I've ridden the bike about 60 miles today and couldn't be happier with the way it is running. After doing a dip on the carbs with Berryman's it runs better than when I took it to a mechanic when I first got it, more power, better throttle response, better idle If I would have realized how well this bike could have run it sure wouldn't have been stored the last few years!

One question though, it runs great with the petcock on prime, but if I turn it to on it dies after a minute or two?! Its like it only burns the gas in the bowls and can't get anymore? Should I just take the petcock apart and go through it?

Anyway there's another old GS back on the road. You'll recognize it, its the Blue one with the ripped up seat (next on the list)!

Congrats on Your Success thus far! I can't address the Petcock issue, I haven't touched mine since I got it back in April. Hey, as long as it works I'm not Gonna mess with it. I'm sure there is helpful advice to be found here. Keep on Keepin On!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Are you sure you have the vacuum line connected properly? Try sucking on the vac line with the main feed pipe disconnected to see if there's any fuel flow before dismantling the petcock.

Comment

It won't work if it has any vacuum leak, check that first. If it's been sitting for a few years, it could just be stuck. Use another piece of vacuum line, connect it to the vacuum port on the back of the petcock, and suck hard on the other end. Beware, there is a very slight chance you could get some gas in your mouth
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X