Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't Start

83 850GL - Battery has full charge according to the meter and even put a jump assist with a charger and all that happens is a clicking sound coming from the left side panel. I'm guessing the started solinoid either got stuck or just went south. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

You can bypass the solenoid by laying a screwdriver across the two connection's on it,if it start's you need a new one.
    You dont need a Suzuki part, whatever is cheap and fit's in there.

Comment

If you jump the solenoid and get nothing start looking at the connections at the starter. I had the brushes in my starter go out completly a month after I got my bike. I was thinking my battery was going bad until I realized it was the starter.

Comment

JV, it was the starter. The brushes were gone. Thanks for the info. Know where I can find a replacement?

Comment

saw this site reference for starter brushes here a few minutes ago... had to look a bit to find it again http://stockers.com/

Comment

Replaced my brushes about two months ago and Stockers is the way to go. Great price and fast service!

Comment

Damn new starters are expensive. I bought new brushes and the plate thingy lol for 40 some bucks. I worked at a machine shop at the time so I took the armature in and turned the brass contact surface down on a lathe. Im cheap I guess. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X