Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs 450tx unknown parts

1982 450tx
    Hi all this site has saved me a few times just wanted to thank all for help and future help I will need.

I need parts .....usally order from bike bandit

what chain size do I need ?

what front sprockets size I am Guessing a 16 do I need?

I want to keep bike in original specs

I allready have new rear sprockets sitting in shop its a 44t

To make things worse my clutch plate top screw is stripped I allready see a nightmare in my future.. :twisted:

mike

450tx still putting along

Yeah 16 is stock front sprocket size for all 450's (covered in my manual anyways).

I run a 45 rear sprocket and a 104 link 530 chain. Not sure how different a 44 rear would make in terms of links (if any). You can always get more than you need and cut the links you don't need out.

BTW Stock for a 450TX rear is 43, not that it matters, but at least you know

Comment

82 txz parts

Hi

thanks for quick reply

btw my typo rear sprocket is 43t.

but info on chain is exact 530 x 104. thnk you

Would you happen to know the part that under right side carb? ..looks like

big spring held by a metal water and bolt.. reason I ask is seems to leak 1 or 2 drops of oil a day . Do i just tighten or something more involved.

mike

Comment

This?

If so thats the cam-chain tensioner. I've never done anything with mine and I am pretty sure you should ask for advice from someone who has before doing anything with it. I can see in the manual there are seals and o-rings in the assembly itself and a gasket where it mates to the cylinder block, so I imagine any one of those could allow an oil leak if they fail.

Comment

itll likely be the Oring thats making it drip. it will need pulled off and replaced, mine does the same thing, barely enough to notice really, but its a nuisance.

its not very difficult to do , but the carbs haveta come off and theres some special procedures to retract it, and for reinstallation.

Comment

82 450tx parts

Wow

You guys are the best . Thanks for this valuable info .

straight and to the point to all repliers

mike

GS 450 TX SLOW POKE BUT PUSH ME HARD WILL PREFORM

Comment

Working...
            X