Stuck screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extract

I was able to remove a counter sunk screw with one, if it has any thing it can grab it will, I just put it in a drill and it kind of ate in to the suface an backed it out, it will also remove studs if you can match the size, but for serious counter sunk screws I us my tig welder and weld a small stud to it an that my friend has my but* covered 8O

Comment

Question for you experts from a beginner...

Does the temperature of the engine, metal, aluminum have anything to do with getting stuck screws loose??

Suppose you had a "kinda-stuck" screw... the kind that you could get with an impact driver... Would it be easier or harder if the metal was hot or cold??

In other words, I know I'm going to have to get some old stuck screws out in the near future... Should I do it when the engine is hot, medium, or cold??
      Or, according to science... and your experience... does it make NO difference at all?

Would using "Liquid Wrench" in advance, help at all?? Thanks

Comment

This is exactly what I use. The set comes with drill bits and matching extractors. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't see how you could break one if you use the proper size - I always use the biggest one possible.

PS Dave - I'm from Seattle, and when we say 'how bout them Dawgs' no one is smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X