Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 Ignitor unit

Can anyone answer this question for me.
    I am currently renovating the electrical system on my 1150.
    While inspecting the ignitor (the big black box behind the right hand side panel) I discovered that the circuit board inside can be removed quite easily, once I had removed the circuit board I noticed what appeared to be a missing resistor.
    What I want to know is should it be there or can I stop worrying now. It is located in the top left corner of the board near the large metal rectangular thing which is in the top right corner. There are two sets of prongs which stick out from the circuit board, the set closest to the metal thing has a resistor with yellow/orange/yellow/gold stripes on it.
    What if anything is supposed to sit between the remaining two prongs.

If anyone can put me straight on this I will be truely thankful.
    KZ I know you are a pioneer in this field, please enlighten me

If a resistor had ever been there you would see evidence of it having blown. More than likely those are just testing points. As long as the bike runs right there is little to be worried about.

Comment

Very true, thanks for that you have put my mind at ease

Comment

Very true, thanks for that you have put my mind at ease

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          If a resistor had ever been there you would see evidence of it having blown. More than likely those are just testing points. As long as the bike runs right there is little to be worried about.
          Agree, if the bike runs fine, I would not worry.

I have not yet had trouble with my ignitor unit, touch wood.

BTW isn't it behind the left hand side panel?

In my experience of analog electronics and a resistor blow, you normally both smell and see the remains.

I think that it is either testing points as Billy Ricks thinks or possibility to mount an optional resistor for a different model/application there the same ignitor is used.

Comment

where to get another igniter unit

Hey guys...

My igniter unit got completely fried...and I am in need of a new one. Can anyone point me to where I can get an affordable aftermarket one? I looked on denniskirk..but didn't find one.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X