Ignitor Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignitor Woes

Well the ignitor on my 81 Gs450L went out the other day, and I figured isnt wasn't a big deal cause I could just buy a new one. Well turned out a new one cost $375 which is more then I paid for the bike. I've been calling around some bike yards as well as keeping my eye on ebay for a used one, but Ive had no luck yet. Is there an ignitor off of a newer bike that works or an aftermarket companies that make one? Ive had a couple companies tell me that my options are only to find a used one, or buy a brand new one from suzuki, but one of my friends swore he read somewhere that you can make one off of a newer gsxr work, but I haven't been able been able to find anything in my search to back this up. Help Please! Its getting cold in Minnesota and my riding days are numbered for the year.

Thanks

Luke

I don't know about making on off of a GSXR work, but Ebay is usually a good source. You should get one for about $40.[/b]
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Depending on your ignitor ?? You may be able to repair it. SOme generic info
      Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

I would check the rest of the ignition out carefully and do some testing on the ignitor before I spent any money. Do a search for "ignitor" and "ignition" here, you'll find tons of info.

Comment

Working...
        X